The Study UK alumni awards were set up in 2014 to honour the outstanding achievements made by UK alumni who are now business professionals, entrepreneurs and community leaders across the globe. To apply, you will need to demonstrate how your UK education contributed to your subsequent success.
This year the UK Ambassador in Saudi Arabia and the British Council announced the names of the winners for the Alumni Awards 2017-2018:
for the Social Impact Award :
- WINNER: Dr Nouf Alnumair, PhD in Structural and Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics from University College London (UCL); also studied at Birkbeck, University of London.
- FINALIST : Dr Nahla Samargandi, PhD in Economics and Finance from Brunel University London.
- FINALIST : Dr Roa Altaweli, PhD in Midwifery from City University London; also attended King’s College London.
for the Professional Achievement Award:
- WINNER: Prof Turki Althubaiti, PhD in English Literature from the University of Essex.
- FINALIST : Dr Aysha Alsalih, PhD in Management studies/ accounting, finance, economics group from Royal Holloway, University of London.
- FINALIST : Dr Naif Alharbi, PhD in Clinical Medicine (Vaccinology) from University of Oxford; also studied at the University of Nottingham.
for the Entrepreneurship Awards:
- WINNER: Dr Abdallah Adlan, PhD in Biomedical Ethics from University of Birmingham; also studied at the University of Bradford and King’s College London.
- FINALIST : Dr Sakher Alqahtani, MClinDent and PhD from Queen Mary, University of London.
- FINALIST : Miss Ghada Ghaznawi, MSc Financial Management from Manchester Metropolitan University.