The Education UK alumni awards were set up in 2014 to honour the outstanding achievements made by UK alumni who are now business professionals, entrepreneurs and community leaders across the globe. To apply, you will need to demonstrate how your UK education contributed to your subsequent success.
This year the UK Ambassador in Saudi Arabia and the Director of the British Council announced the names of the 9 finalists for the Alumni awards 2016-2017:
for the Social Impact Award :
- Mr Faisal J. Abbas, Master in Marketing Communication from University of Westminster
- Dr May Alrashed, PhD Genetics from UCL
- Dr Moaz Mojaddidi, PhD Medicine-Diabetes and Endocrinology from University of Manchester
for the Professional Acheivment Award:
- Dr Mohammed Alzaghibi, PhD Instructional Design in Science Education from the University of Leeds
- Dr Taghreed Al-Saraj, PhD Applied Linguistics & TESOL from the Institute of Education
- Dr Yousef Alshammari, PhD Chemical Engineering Research from the Imperial College London
for the Entrepreneurship Awards:
- Eng. Emad Bukhary, Master Engineering London South Bank University
- Dr Talal Almaghrabi, PhD Marketing and E-Commerce from Brunel University
- Dr Yasser Binahmed, Master, LLM, Corporate Finance Law from the University of Westminster
Winners will be announced in a prestigious event in March 2017.