Active Citizens is a social leadership training programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and community-led social development. Through the programme, we bring together people from different walks of life to learn from and share their perspectives and opinions with each other. Working with our partners around the globe, we train participants in the skills and knowledge needed to affect social change in their communities. Active Citizens connects thousands of like-minded people around the world who collectively want to make a fairer and more inclusive society.
If you want to make changes in your community, find out more about the Active Citizens programme.Since 2009 we have delivered Active Citizens in over 68 countries, with 971 partners reaching over 240,000 people around the world.
In Saudi Arabia, we’re looking to build long term relationships with local partners and trainers who are interested in participating in this programme in order to develop social action projects that build participants confidence, leaderships and entrepreneurial skills in ways that help them to improve their communities. This could be as simple as organising projects to improve community spaces like parks or more complex like using dialogue to bring very different communities closer together. It provides participants with self-confidence to be successful in every aspect of their lives and to develop their communities through sustainable initiatives.
Who should you apply?
By becoming an Active Citizens trainer, you will join one of the British Council’s biggest global networks worldwide. The British Council is looking for candidates with experience in training and learning and development, who have or would like to gain experience in the field of community development We will offer a training course for local trainers for the first time in Saudi Arabia. If your application is successful, you will become part a pool of trainers who receive a full scholarship to embark on and complete the Active Citizens training.
In return, we expect all trainers sponsored by the British Council, to be committed to training exclusively for the British Council for a period of two years, as determined by the number of trainings agreed between both parties.
If you are interested in this training opportunity, please contact Fynan.email@example.com to request the application form. Once complete, please send it back to us, alongside your CV by Saturday 26 January 2019 (12:00 GMT).
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Date/time: 10-14 March 2019, daily starting from 9am - 3pm
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - final location to be confirmed.
The training will offer:
• Globally accredited Active Citizens trainers to get you started on your Active Citizens journey
• A training room and all training materials
• Trainer certificate for the Active Citizen project from the British Council
• A training bag with surprises inside!
Terms for applying for male and female trainers:
• The applicant must be Saudi national or have residency in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
• The applicant must be at least 25 years of age
• Possess three years training experience
• Previous track record/experience in social entrepreneurship projects – proven experience in community work
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluency in Arabic with a very good working level of English (most of the Training of Trainers will be implemented in English).
• Readiness and commitment to deliver training at least four times per year for two consecutive years.
• Pass the interview.
If you have any further questions, please email: Fynan.firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Saturday 26 January 2019 (12:00 GMT). Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.