Through higher education, young citizens gain a wider understanding of both their country and the world around them.
Our globally recognised Internationalising Higher Education programme in Saudi Arabia links us with partners in the UK, government universities and the Ministry of Higher Education. It supports Saudi universities todevelp expertise in the areas of:
- quality assurance
- academic research
- employability and career development
- leadership and management.
As part of this programme we aim to:
- enhance the quality of universities in Saudi Arabia through our work with the Ministry of Higher Education, the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA) and UK partners
- encourage local and international discussion and debate around higher education issues and challenges
- expose staff and students from universities in saudi Arabia to UK approaches to higher education and research
- support government policies for increased growth in employment through skills-based qualifications
- take part in professional networks and dialogue that promote the sharing of information and ideas.
The programme has opened doors for the saudi universities to showcase our expertise internationally. We’ve recently had the opportunity to:
- take part in a study visit to the UK to strengthen links between universities in our countries
- support the NCAAA to establish their long-term strategic plans and offer staff mentoring in leadership
- host representatives from UK universities , who came to scope and comsult around potential partnership with Saudi universities
Read more about our activities on the British Council Internationalising Higher Education website.