Application of Refund Policy
This policy applies to all examinations candidates whether individually registered or sponsored by an organisation.
1. IELTS Policy
- If you want to cancel your IELTS registration, you must contact us in writing more than 35 days before the date of your written test. You will then receive a refund of the test fee.
- If you want to transfer your test date, you must contact us in writing more than 35 days before the date of your written test.
- An administration fee of SAR 250 will be charged for all refunds and transfers.
No refunds will be allowed for IELTS within five weeks of the test date.
To cancel your registration or transfer your test date after five weeks (35 days) before the date of your written test, you must demonstrate that your ability to take the test has been affected by one of the following;
- serious illness e.g. hospital admission or serious injury (does not include minor illnesses such as a cold)
- loss of an immediate family member
- hardship / trauma, victim of crime, victim of a traffic accident
- military service.
Your test centre must receive your application for cancellation or transfer of registration within five working days of your written test date, along with evidence (including an official certified report) of the exceptional circumstances (original documents, not copies).
Remarking fee (Enquiry on Results): full refund if the mark improves and no refund if the mark remains the same.
2. Other examinations
- A 100% refund or a place on the next scheduled test will be given if the British Council has to cancel or postpone an examination for any reason.
- If an examinations candidate gives written notice of withdrawal before the final registration date of the exam, as published by the British Council, a full refund will be given, less an administrative fee of SAR 190 for schools exams only.
- If notice is given less than one full week before the scheduled date of the exam no refund will be given. An exception to this rule is a withdrawal or absence on medical grounds. Candidates able to produce a medical certificate will receive a full refund, based on examinations board approval.
- British Council refunds will only be paid by Bank Transfer (no cash and no cheques) – British Council will not issue any refunds unless customers provide their correct Bank account details attached with the refund claim form.
- Teaching centre students and examinations candidates must complete the official British Council refund claim form and hand it to Customer Services Staff with a copy of the original receipt.