Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
Covid-19 vaccination will be required to enter our test venue as of August 1, as per Saudi government guidelines. It is now mandatory to show your Tawakalna App barcode with immune status at the entrance to the security of your IELTS test venue.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|IELTS Academic or General Training - paper or computer||SAR 1,300||Book your test|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||SAR 1,375||Book your test|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||SAR 742||Book your test|
What do you need to book a test?
- A valid ID (passport or national ID card - for Saudi nationals only) or (passport or Iqama for non-Saudi nationals only). Digitals ID’s are not accepted for IELTS test. You should bring your original registered ID for both speaking and written tests. Candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to book a test.
IELTS is not recommended for people under the age of 16.
- A bank card to pay for your test. You can pay either through our online booking system or via bank transfer. You will need to add the British Council as a beneficiary for your transfer. In the Reference Section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to ExamsRegistration@sa.britishcouncil.org
- For any special requirements, you have to apply for the paper-based exam. For more details please contact the centre.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
the start time of your test and the venue address.
your Speaking Test date.
your access codes to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the exam format, the question types and the test result.
Get ready with our free preparation materials
Choose from a wide range of free preparation materials to get the IELTS score you need. You can prepare on the go with our practice apps, videos and online lessons.
You can also take our free practice tests for IELTS on paper and computer.