The British Council in Saudi Arabia offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online or at one of our offices. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||SAR 1,155||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||SAR 1,155||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||SAR 1,008||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||SAR 756||Book now
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card - for Saudi nationals only) or (passport or Iqama for non-Saudi nationals only) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates found below, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above) or or you can download this booking form and apply at your test centre.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer from your account to the British Council’s account. In this case you need to add the British Council as a beneficiary for your transfer. In the Reference Section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to ExamsRegistration@sa.britishcouncil.org.
Once your booking is complete, you will receive the following emails:
- Registration confirmation, along with your test venue (address) and the test start time.
- Speaking test confirmation. Please note: the Speaking test can either be scheduled on the same date as the rest of your test, or within a 7-day window before or after the rest of your test.
- Access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
- IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal.